Dirty Kitten Radio "Cat Chat" Ep. 16: Ask A Mechanic - Tech Talk with Kristy Roz, Service Writer at Bike Doctor Frederick & Dirty Kitten Racing Team Guest Rider
On this week's episode, Alex and Kristy (Bike Doctor Frederick Service Writer and Dirty Kitten Racing Team Guest Rider) talk about Basic Bike Maintenance & Repair and answer some frequently asked bike tech questions.
Kristy has been servicing bikes on and off for 6 years. She started with auto mechanics, helping her father and working on her own vehicles. She is also a Nutritionist.
Bike Tech FAQs:
How often should I have my bike serviced?
What “winter maintenance” should I be considering right now?
What is the best chain lube (lube vs. wax)?
What is the best way to clean a bike?
How can I get my wheels to be all the same so I don’t have to mess with the rear derailleur every time I change a wheel set?
Are there any good tubeless install or set-up tricks?
Is it possible to use mountain bike gearing on a road bike?
What's the best way to clean grease off clothes?
What is a good tip to give a mechanic (beer, coffee, chocolate, cash)?
Kristy's Hot Female Mechanic Tips:
- Keep up with your education
- Don't be afraid to educate customers
- In the end, you can't make everyone happy. Be honest and know your limits.
- Don’t let anyone tear you down. Don’t let anything that someone says get in your head.
- You are great, and you should never think you shouldn’t be in this field.
Find us on Spotify or wherever you get your podcasts!